Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
Manchester (Hybrid working)
Our client is a leading global independent construction, property and management consultancy, with a team of 1500 people across the UK and Europe. They have been recognised as one of the UK’s Top Employers for the past 20 years.
Their dedicated Architectural and Building Surveying Teams proactively manage and undertake surveys, formulate designs and specifications, administrate projects and programmes plus various other bespoke services to ensure our clients estate remains well maintained and achieves its full potential.
They are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Data Centre, Residential, Education, Healthcare and Retail clients and projects. Technologists work in close contact with their Design Team, Building Surveyors, Project Managers and Cost Consultants to provide design solutions and construction information. Their technologists also liaise directly with the client, advising them on architectural and design matters that arise during a project.
Overview of Role:
Due to their growing and diverse portfolio, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Architectural Technologist to aid them with the delivery of a design, fit out and project work from their Manchester Office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding project delivery to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
Roles and responsibilities will include working with Building Surveyors to assist in the production of architectural design information.
Ideal candidates will be design orientated with proficient use of 2D and 3D, drafting software in particular AutoCAD and experience with Revit. Candidates will also have had some experience in MEP schematic design.
A broad knowledge of construction, space planning and architectural technology is required.
They are looking for a resourceful individual who is eager to grow their career as a designer and work towards obtaining their professional chartership through CIAT.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Produce Site plans, elevations, sections and planning information in order to submit detailed planning applications.
- Working as part of the Design service offering within the Building Surveying team assist team members with general design requirements, including preparation of space plans, technical drawings, and measured surveys.
- Produce construction information including technical details, specifications, and schedules of work.
- Liaise with Mechanical, Electrical and Structural engineers to agree and develop design solutions.
- Ensure all design work is compliant with design standards, including setting out/presentation of drawings and layering.
- Effectively manage information issue and revision through the use of drawing registers and online document management systems.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD 2D Essential
- Experienced in Revit 3D design preferred.
- Production of 3D models and visualisations to engage clientele.
- Assist with ensuring design standards are in accordance with relevant British Standards, Legislation and design codes.
- Knowledge of application of The Approved Building Regulations in Architectural Design.
- Competent use of design software, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Actively contribute to sharing knowledge promoting ideas and innovation to constantly improve the design services
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner in dealings with internal and external contacts.
- Chartered or working towards MCIAT chartered status.
- Technical background
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships.
- A competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement of 28 days.
- Car allowance for Senior Technologists who have achieved MCIAT.
- A wide range of additional benefits including a pension scheme, private healthcare, gym membership, season ticket loan and professional membership subscriptions.
- A continuous learning and development programme, including established APC and in-house mentoring schemes.
- Hybrid working – working patterns to support your work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work on diverse projects across different sectors and regions.