Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – TRANSPORT PLANNER
Permanent Staff Position
Our client is a leading global consultancy service business with an excellent reputation for their breadth of capability and their capacity to provide innovative solutions for challenging projects. Their UK transport planning team have over 50 year’s experience providing transport and traffic advice to private sector, central and local government clients. Their work includes advising on major residential and commercial developments, as well as large town and city centre mixed use urban regeneration schemes. They regularly act as an expert witness at public inquiries and hearings.
They are looking for a Associate Director – Transport Planner to help with the expanding workload of their established Manchester team.
This is a great opportunity with a highly successful business, who can offer a challenging and rewarding career, and the chance to work on a variety of interesting projects for clients across both private and public sectors.
They have long realised that people are at the heart of what their success and therefore ensure that they provide the support and care for their employees to ensure that they thrive within the business. They do this by offering great professional development support, clear opportunities for progression and great flexible benefits, including an excellent hybrid working policy that allows a good work / life balance.
You will work on and manage the preparation of transport assessments, travel plans and other development-related transport reports. The role requires somebody with experience in project management, client liaison, work winning and mentoring junior staff. Your work will involve:
- Understanding client requirements for development-related transport planning.
- Client liaison and preparing fee proposals.
- Project management.
- Producing transport assessments and travel plans.
- Analysing, collating and interpreting transport data.
- Ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Attending internal and external client and team meetings.
- Undertaking site visits.
- Providing technical advice to support junior colleagues.
- Helping to develop and mentor junior team members.
Skills & Experience
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual with experience working in the industry that should ideally include:
- A good understanding of the UK planning process and how your work fits into that
- Knowledge of highway design principles relevant to site access design
- An understanding of the capabilities of AutoCAD and GIS software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of using software packages such as TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSIG
- Experience of developing and maintaining client relationships
Above all, they are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to liaise with clients and team members.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of the application of transport modelling software.
Degree or HND in a relevant subject (e.g. transport planning, civil engineering, geography)
Professional Accreditation, such as MCIHT, MTPS, MCILT
Our client has long recognised that their success is built on the expertise and dedication of their employees. They provide a collaborative and flexible environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. They are also proud to offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages.