Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location/ Territory: West Midlands
An opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join a world-leading manufacturing provider of industrial productivity solutions who were established over 150 years ago. They have offices all over the world and you will support their cutting-edge tooling and joining solutions technologies for customers across a variety of industries.
As a member of the Service Business Line, you’ll have the chance to work with a variety of business areas such as the automotive Industry, general manufacturing Industry, and Industrial Assembly Solutions.
You’ll play a crucial role in the installation, commissioning, and planned maintenance of our client’s innovative solutions, while providing technical analysis and root cause diagnosis of any issues that arise. With a focus on mechanical and electrical competence, software and integration skills are also a requirement, as well as the ability to work in complex production systems.
You will reporting directly to the Field Service Team Leader, and be part of a team that takes ownership of our customer’s tooling, delivering service excellence and identifying new sales opportunities.
Roles and responsibilities:
• To carry out pre delivery testing and inspection of tools as appropriate prior to delivery / site installation
• Installation and commissioning of new tooling and industrial assembly solutions at customer locations
• Provide support and assistance for project delivery, working closely with Project Managers
• System integration and configuration of customer PLC interfaces to our tooling
• Testing and validation
• Problem resolution and root cause analysis
• Customer training and operator guidance
• Supporting customer staff in pilot phases
• Provide full and professional tools service both in our workshop and at customers premises.
• Determine and undertake all necessary preventative maintenance on all power tool products, Industrial Assembly Solutions products, and software solutions
• To carry out calibration, testing and certification of all the clients power tool products, according to standard procedures
• Take ownership of our customer’s tooling and with the support of the Service Team seeing any situations through to its conclusion
• Identify and deliver sales opportunities (software / upgrades / optimization) for field service, working closely with our Service Sales Managers
• Support business development by always delivering service excellence.
• To undertake ad-hoc projects as required
HNC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Have knowledge of Industrial Power Tools i.e., Pneumatic, Battery and DC, and supporting software.
• Have knowledge of either a Manufacturing or Customer Service Environment.
• Network infrastructure knowledge.
• Experience of PLC’s and line control systems
• Has experience of providing a Service to customers
• Software and IT knowledge to support our client’s software platforms.
Benefits of the role:
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 10%
- Company vehicle
- Annual bonus- 7.5%
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose
- Overtime allowance: 2 hours above paid 1.3, anything above that paid 1.5, Sunday’s double time
The successful candidate will be:
• A confident person who is a good team player.
• Must have eye for detail, also drive and commitment to see the job through to a successful conclusion.
• Be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and determined.
• Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability.
• Able to get on with others and be a team player.
• Has an active growth mindset
Approach to role:
• Ability to work as an individual and able to work on own initiative.
• PC Literate.
• Must be able to attend on site work as required.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be a part of our client’s dynamic and growing team. Apply to email@example.com or call 07970 167262