Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager for on of our clients in Oxfordshire who lead the way in Land Site Charecterisation and Ground Investigation. Our client works on onshore and nearshore projects and will be assigned to either as opportunities araise.
Our client are looking for a dynamic and inspiring (Senior) Project Manager to join their team, to deliver our growing portfolio of projects across the UK. As the Project Manager you will lead each project from award to final account settlement and drive the successful delivery of everything in between. You will own the client interface and will manage the delivery through the cross functional team assigned to you.
You will be part of thir land Project Management group and will be assigned to either onshore or nearshore work as opportunities arise.
The role is predominantly office-based (will consider hybrid working), but you would be willing to travel to sites within the UK and across the Europe/Africa region on a regular basis to connect with clients, with the team and to drive a safety and delivery performance mentality.
An essential component of this role will be to mentor and support junior members of the team, to develop them to their full potential.
The client has a well-established Project Management Career Framework which will allow you to develop within this role and navigate a career within Ground Risk Management. Further opportunities exist to take on increasingly complex and material projects, spanning multiple countries and perhaps involving ground-breaking technologies.
Alternatively, you may wish to look for opportunities to develop your commercial capabilities – becoming involved with business development or proposal preparation. You may wish to build your technical competencies once you have enjoyed a project leadership role.
There are many options.
The position is available if:-
• You lead with a Health and Safety mindset and are committed to driving a positive HSSE culture
• You relish leading multi-functional teams to delivery complex, important ground risk management projects
• You enjoy financial management, as well as the more practical elements of project execution
• You are a creative, curious and collaborative problem solver
• You are a strong communicator
Who you’ll be working with:
You will lead and motivate the multi-functional project team, predominantly from the office but with frequent site attendance and will assist in the coordination of all technical matters via the site/project manager. You will interface with technical leaders to ensure resources are assigned adequately to successful execute against the contract requirements.
You will be the primary contact with our client, ensuring alignment and resolving any issues that arise.
You will report to the Project Delivery Manager and will be part of our global team of Project Managers.
Here’s what a typical day would be like:
• Morning meeting with site personnel, to ensure alignment
• Liaise with technical managers to clarify resourcing requirements and equipment outlook
• Meeting with Commercial team to review a proposal under preparation
• Meet with the Project Controller to review financial performance against plan
• Liaise with Laboratory Manager to verify testing requirements and timelines
• Review status of technical reports with Principal Engineer
• Discussion options with client for refinement of project scopes to bring additional value
• Review Safety reports
• Validate that Lessons Learned reports are being actioned by appropriate specialists
• Hold a mentoring session with a junior member of staff
Who we’re looking for:
• Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering, Geology or Earth Science, OR equivalent NVQ Level 6 in Construction Management
• Proven experience of leading multi-functional teams
• Demonstrated experience of contract management
• Ground Investigation experience
• Prince or APM Membership
• HSE Management qualification (SMSTS/IOSH MS)
• NEC4 training
• CSCS Card or similar
• Understanding of plant and equipment used for routine and specialist ground investigation
If you are interested in the role then please reply with your CV to email@example.com or call 01565 745 994 to disucss further.