Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Permanent staff position
Salary up to £55,000 per annum + market leading benefits package Description
Our client is a leading global consultancy with an excellent reputation for their breadth of Project Management, Commercial Management, Design and Engineering capabilities, all built from the expertise and dedication of their employees.
Having secured 3 major new projects of national significance they are seeking Senior Quantity Surveyors to join their Leeds office. These are 3 x £300m Office Hub projects, all located in the north of England, which are to be completed over a period of 6 years.
These are just part of a strong and diverse pipeline of work across a broad variety of sectors, including defence, education, residential and commercial.
If you are not feeling the love from your current employer, this is an exciting opportunity to become part of a globally renowned consultancy, to support landmark projects, and to thrive in a supportive environment where your contributions are valued and rewarded.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will manage specific commercial aspects of the project as well as providing guidance and support to junior members of the team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct option feasibility studies and development appraisals to inform the decision-making processes of the client.
- Provide procurement services and expert advice to optimise project outcomes.
- Implement whole life and life cycle costing methodologies to ensure cost-effectiveness throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive cost plans aligned with project objectives.
- Conduct benchmarking and auditing activities to ensure quality and compliance standards are met.
- Act as an Employers Agent, representing the client’s interests and overseeing project execution.
- Administer contracts and provide contract management support.
- Implement robust cost control and change management procedures.
- Monitor project progress and performance against established metrics.
- Develop contract selection strategies tailored to project requirements.
- Utilise value management and engineering techniques to enhance project outcomes.
- Identify and mitigate project risks to ensure successful project delivery.
You will have full membership of a recognised professional body or be committed to achieving full membership (e.g. MRICS) an industry recognised professional qualification in Project Management would also be beneficial.
You will bring to the team a sound knowledge and proven experience in guiding and developing Quantity Surveying best practice and innovation.
You will deliver a high-quality service focused on client satisfaction and financial information delivery.
You will provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern commercial management techniques to deliver our projects successfully.
You will be experienced in working on projects and have a demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery and client focussed strategic advisory financial reporting services.
Our client is a business who have long realised that people are at the heart of their success and therefore ensure that they provide the support and care for their employees to ensure that they thrive. They do this by offering a very competitive salary package, great professional development support, clear opportunities for progression and great flexible benefits, which includes an excellent hybrid working policy that encourages a good work / life balance.
This is a great opportunity to join a great business and to work on some fantastic projects.