Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
We are looking to recruit Senior Structural Engineer for one of our clients in South Manchester, our client is an Engineering Design Consultancy whose expertise is in rail and assets & infrastructure.
Our client provides civil and structural design, surveys and maintenance programmes for:
- Highways & Car Parks
- Social Housing
- Buildings & Bridges
- Drainage, Sewers & Culverts
- Flood Risk Assessments & Alleviation Schemes
- Environmental Schemes
- Land Reclamation and Site Investigations
- Temporary Work
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
• Working independently and as part of a team offering creative solutions.
• Produce calculations, models, reports, and presentations to an excellent standard, on time and to budget.
• Share your work for review by senior colleagues and review the work of others for quality assurance.
• Presenting your designs at internal workshops and chairing external meetings with clients and external consultants when required.
• Leading teams by making timely decisions and corrective action whilst creating an atmosphere that delivers excellent work.
• Collaborating with external clients and harnessing opportunities to engage other internal discipline designers.
• Informing colleagues of design decisions to ensure the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
• Prepare fee proposals or bids and competition designs whilst working alongside senior colleagues.
• Coordinating your work with other members of the project team and contributing to internal technical development following strategy.
• Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers whilst maintaining your continued professional development, particularly in line management and chartership.
• Actively maintaining an external and internal network.
As an experienced Senior Structural Engineer, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
• Extensive building structures design experience.
• Experience as a lead structural engineer on major projects.
• Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE) and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
• Be a Chartered Member of the ICE or IStructE with the Engineering Council UK or equivalent body.
• A degree BEng / BSc or degree MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline.
What we offer:
• Generous holiday entitlement of 24 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Hybrid working arrangements.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Life Assurance.
• Income Protection.
• Flexible Benefits