Website Perpetual Partnerships Ltd
Permanent Staff Position
Our client is a leading provider of high-end design and consulting services for a broad range of major projects both across the UK and internationally. They combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world.
They have some fantastic opportunities for Sustainable Design Consultants and Senior Sustainability Consultants to become part of their expanding sustainable design teams. They are looking for candidates to be based out of London, Manchester, or Leeds with the benefit of hybrid working, giving you flexibility around where and when you work.
Their portfolio includes an exciting and diverse range of clients, in sectors such as property, education, defence, and government services.
In addition to their diverse project and client offerings, they are committed to fostering your professional growth through mentorship and training, all aimed at empowering you to achieve your full potential.
Our client is seeking experienced senior consultants with a strong track record to join their team and contribute to a diverse range of significant and complex projects across various sectors.
In this role, you will work autonomously and proactively, while ensuring the commercial success of our projects. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with senior management, and there are no barriers to your growth in this role.
You will take ownership of the delivery of key project workstreams. Leading workshops with design teams will be an important aspect of your role. You will also be responsible for the management, growth, and mentorship of junior team members, while actively engaging with clients to ensure project delivery within established timelines and budgets, and to effectively navigate any changes that may arise.
They are looking for individuals with adept critical thinking skills, capable of delivering work with a high degree of autonomy.
As part of your role, you will be contributing to progressive and inspiring projects, gaining exposure to innovative initiatives across various sectors. A structured Competency Framework will provide you with a clear roadmap for advancing your career.
If you are motivated and ambitious, prepared to be a catalyst for change, you can become an integral part of our client’s mission to shape a sustainable future.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Design, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct a variety of analyses relating to energy and carbon modelling. These may include Part L thermal modelling, operational energy calculations, embodied carbon calculations, circular economy strategy development, overheating and other thermal comfort assessments.
- Lead client and design team workshops ensuring clear and articulate communication.
- Collaborating closely with the key stakeholders to develop sustainable design strategies to produce and energy and sustainability statements in support of planning applications.
- Take ownership and deliver on key project workstreams.
- Support the delivery of sustainability assessments such as BREEAM, WELL, HQM, etc.
- Collaborating with other members of the team on R&D initiatives ensuring we remain on the forefront of our industry.
- Support the training and development of junior members of the team.
Skills & Experience
As our client is recruiting for multiple positions, it is not expected that you will have expertise in all the listed skills. You will be expected to have strengths in some but be willing to gain experience in others.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of Building Regulations Part L.
- Able to conduct energy, carbon, and/or comfort calculations using with dynamic simulation packages such as IESVE, Tas, Energy Plus, or DesignBuilder.
- Ability to conduct non-domestic energy assessments for planning.
- Knowledge of whole life-cycle carbon assessments (preferably using One Click LCA).
- Facilitating circular economy workshops with key stakeholders.
- Certification in relevant sustainability frameworks (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, etc.) is desirble.
- Experience in HVAC modelling for operational energy assessments is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex sustainable design concepts to clients, team members, and stakeholders.
Our client has long recognised that their success is built on the expertise and dedication of their employees. They provide a collaborative and flexible environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. They are also proud to offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages.